Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

"You shall say to them: Thus says the Lord GOD! And whether they heed or resist - for they are a rebellious house - they shall know that a prophet has been among them." I feel the prophet's burden, for it is my own. I am often discouraged lately. God has shown me the most wondrous gift, and yet it seems like nobody cares. The voices of corporate religion are too many and too loud. The world just keeps on spinning, oblivious to anything I might have to say. Why should they care? I am but one insignificant person. What could I possibly add that thousands of others have not already said? But then I remember that I do not speak on my own behalf. I speak because I have been spoken to. And my insignificance is my reward, "for when I am weak, then I am strong."